Frank J. Diekmann
Book this Speaker
To learn more about Frank J. Diekmann or book them as a speaker, please contact us.
Frank J. Diekmann is Cooperator-in-Chief and co-founder of CUToday.info, a digital news and collaboration platform that is now the #1 provider of organic reporting, opinion, analysis, video, and other resources to credit unions.
Prior to founding CUToday.info, Mr. Diekmann founded Credit Union Journal, and prior to that co-founded Credit Union Times. Before covering credit unions, Mr. Diekmann covered the nation’s banking industry. He began his editorial career working as a sports reporter with the Cincinnati Post before making the natural segue into credit unions.
Mr. Diekmann is a frequent speaker, having addressed CU meetings from Sydney to Prague and all of the U.S. He regularly serves as a judge in various organizations’ marketing and awards competitions. He is the only journalist to graduate from the National Credit Union Foundation’s Development Education program, and is now certified as an International Credit Union Development Educator.
A graduate of the University of Cincinnati, Diekmann is also the author of four books: Cathode Ray’s, The Bawl Game, The Flip Flop and 501 Name Tags: How Everything You Need to Know About Business Can Be Learned in the Trade Show.
Frank has been a frequent speaker at the Volunteer Leadership Institute – Hawaii. His programs have always been insightful and entertaining. His honest insights into the credit union movement are refreshing. He is a favorite of our attendees. His real life experiences gathered from his reporting make his presentations extremely useful. Frank’s focus on providing useful take-aways makes his presentations extremely valuable for attendees. Frank’s personal knowledge of the movers and shakers in the movement ensure the reliability of his insights.
James L. This, president/CEO, James L. This & Associates
Frank Diekmann has a special talent of engaging audiences in a thoughtful exchange that is grounded in a deep understanding of the credit union industry. He knows the story “behind the scenes” with specific credit union best and worst practices. If you want to know who/what is successful and the reality of impact, ask Frank. If you want to know what failed and why, ask Frank. He has a perspective that enlightens while also challenging leaders to want to do more, get more, be more. And, he knows where the bodies are buried! We believe in Frank’s voice and his ability to capture the moment in a way that is truly unrivaled.
Susan Mitchell, CEO
Mitchell, Stankovic and Associates
Host of Credit Union Underground Conferences
Evaluations from Illinois CU League Annual Meeting
- The presentation was well worth the time!
- Good ideas to think about and consider!
- Great ideas!
- Good ideas! Thank you!
- Amazing! Frank is entertaining and a good speaker!
- Clever information!
- Excellent public speaker! Kept me engaged even though I was sleepy!
- I like the way he thinks!
- Frank would be great for general session Keynote Address!
- Very informative and entertaining! Lots of good ideas for Marketing! I am glad I chose this presentation! It is totally different from Frank’s talk this morning.
- Thank you I am motivated!
- Love, love, loved this one! This had wonderful ideas you can do right now!
- Had some good ideas presented educationally!
- Great speaker, great visuals!
- Great visuals for many states and Canada!
- Awesome session!
- Good stuff!
- Great presenter! Kept us engaged!
- Great out of the box ideas!
- Efficient use of time!
25 Ideas That Are Working In Credit Unions
Regardless of asset size, successful credit unions share some common traits: imagination and innovation. In this session, we’ll feature an idea every two minutes—and maybe more!—highlighting successful credit union programs that have proven to be effective. Lending promotions. New membership campaigns. Savings ideas. Culture builders. Onboarding initiatives. And more. All kinds of different challenges that have been met with one thing in common: a willingness to take chances, have fun, and do things differently. In this session Frank J. Diekmann of CUToday.info will offer 25 ideas on all of this and more.
21 Things to Think About in 2021
Is your 2021 vision as good as you think it is? As your organization maps out a vision for 2021 and beyond, Frank J. Diekmann offers 21 different big picture and longer range issues that absolutely should be on the agenda of any growth-oriented organization, but often get overlooked as the focus on the short-term creates myopia. This session puts critical matters back on the agenda.
The Other COVID-19: Lessons From the Past Year
In this session, Frank J. Diekmann will review the range of real-world responses from credit unions to the coronavirus pandemic, as well as the longer-term implications for changes in operations, member service, HR practices, marketing and more. This session offers real-world examples of how the world has changed in the short term, and will likely change in the long, and. What it all means to credit unions.
- Louisiana CU League in New Orleans, LA
- The League of Southeastern Credit Unions in Orlando, FL
- The Volunteer Leadership Institute in Kauai, HI
- Credit Union Service Network in Denver, CO
- CU Prodigy in Park City, UT
- The Pennsylvania Credit Union League in Key West, FL
- Underground Collision, in Las Vegas, NV
- Catalyst Corporate, in Dallas, TX
- 25 Ideas That Are Working In Credit Unions
- 21 Things to Think About in 2021
- The Other COVID 19: Lessons from the Past Year