Category 6 Consulting, LLC seeks a qualified Marketing Manager to support our business and clients. As the Marketing Manager, you will have the opportunity to strategically develop marketing plans and solutions to guide the company and our clients through their next chapter. Your ideas, opinions, and perspectives will hold weight and value, bringing new ideas to the table to support strategic initiatives.
The Marketing Manager will report directly to the CEO and operate as a team of one with the support, guidance, and assistance of the CEO.
This is a full-time remote position with occasional in-person meetings and presentations. Your typical day will be spent working from home at your desktop or laptop computer and attending any meetings via Zoom or phone. Specific hours and days worked for this role are flexible and can be discussed with the CEO.
Responsibilities – Clients
Typical responsibilities for client success include but are not limited to:
- Create and manage marketing campaigns for clients, promoting their business, products, and services
- Develop and execute marketing plans and strategies
- Present marketing plans and strategies to clients
- Build creative copy and work in Canva or with our design team to bring your ideas to life
- Develop and execute plans for client social media accounts, including paid social ads through Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Manage client websites using user-friendly web editing tools (programs used vary between clients)
- Meet various deadlines for multiple clients and projects
- Coordinate print and digital ad submissions with various vendors and publications
Responsibilities – Internal
Aside from marketing client work, there will be internal growth and administrative work, as well as work for our speakers bureau. These responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Update the Category 6 WordPress website on an as-needed basis
- Send regular emails to our contacts to promote our speakers for any possible upcoming engagements
- Contribute to the growth of the Category 6 client base by building outreach lists and connecting with possible clients
- Managing the Category 6 LinkedIn page
- Draft and review invoices, agreements, and proposals for speakers and clients
- Help manage the Category 6 speakers bureau by meeting with potential speakers, connecting with event organizers, and prospecting businesses and organizations that could benefit from Category 6 services
- Recommend speakers from our bureau of over 70 presenters to potential clients, meeting the needs of the event organizer while ensuring that the details and compensation are agreeable for our speaker
- Assist with event planning for select Category 6 curated events, as needed
Experience, Education, and Knowledge
- 3+ years of marketing experience
- Degree in marketing or related field
- Experience in the financial services or credit union industry strongly preferred
- Knowledge of marketing techniques and best practices that will help aid the growth of Category 6 and our clients’ businesses
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills
- Works efficiently under pressure and tight deadlines
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion are crucial to our culture, our society, and our business. Applicants must support and work well with individuals from diverse backgrounds, including but not limited to people of other genders, gender expressions, races, nationalities, sexual orientations, and religions.
$25 to $40 per hour
25 to 40 hours per week
Category 6 Consulting is an agency that provides marketing, finance, and operations consulting for credit unions and banks, strategic planning facilitation for all types of organizations, and a speakers bureau. We pride ourselves on being competent, quick, creative, and well-connected. Our mission is to support the success of our clients by meeting their needs; no matter how mundane nor how unusual.
Category 6 welcomes people from all backgrounds and is a proud equal opportunity employer. Our employment and personnel decisions are without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, medical conditions related to pregnancy, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.
To apply, please submit your resumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.