Building Your Business One Relationship at a Time
Great relationships are the difference between success and failure in business. Patrick shares simple yet powerful strategies for integrating face-to-face and online networking activities to create lasting connections that will help you stand apart from your competitors and increase repeat and referred business.
Galvanizing Word of Mouth
Traditional advertising no longer works for most businesses. Companies need to connect with people in new and creative ways or risk getting lost in commercial clutter. In this fast-paced and entertaining presentation, Patrick provides ideas for galvanizing positive word of mouth that fuels sustainable growth.
Delivering Remarkable Customer Service
Whether you deal with customers directly or support those who do, providing a remarkable customer service experience is what keeps people coming back. Patrick will show you how to appeal to distinct personality types to guarantee loyalty and referrals.
Creating a Powerful Brand
People want great products and outstanding service, but brand loyalty is an emotion that runs deeper. Today’s digitally savvy consumers expect to connect and communicate with brands using tools that did not exist previously. Patrick shares how to define, develop and disseminate your message to build an irresistibly strong brand with an enthusiastic following.
- As the chief galvanizer of The Galvanizing Group, I’m passionate about galvanizing loyalty, referrals and sales for individuals and businesses ranging from sole proprietorships to publicly traded companies.
- I’m an accomplished professional speaker and served as president of the Oregon Chapter of the National Speakers Association. I’ve spoken to hundreds of associations and companies in the United States, Canada, Latin American, and Europe on integrating face-to-face and online networking, branding, word of mouth marketing, customer service, and public relations in keynote presentations, general sessions, workshops, and webinars.
- I write about marketing-related topics for a variety of trade publications and The Galvanizing Group’s blog and monthly eNewsletter (signup here).
- I’m the author of a business parable called The Connector’s Way: A Story About Building Business One Relationship at a Time. The transformative journey of an entrepreneur and his struggling business provide insight into how to cultivate relationships in the real world and online that lead to business success.
- I’m the co-author of Secrets of a Working Dog: Unleash Your Potential and Create Success, which illustrates how humans can work smarter and be happier, from the perspective of my wise and witty boxer dog, Bella. Publisher’s Weekly called the book “delightful and insightful.”
- I’m an enthusiastic member of the Rotary Club of Portland where I’ve served in various leadership positions. I’m currently on the club’s Trust Board and head up the Travel Fellowship. In 2015, I was a featured speaker at the Rotary International Convention in São Paulo, Brazil.
- I earned an MBA in International Marketing from Thunderbird. Upon graduation, I worked as the international sales manager for an industrial and agricultural equipment manufacturer building and training a profitable sales network throughout North and South America. I subsequently became president of my family’s furniture stores where my focus on earned media rather than paid advertising fueled 300% sales growth over three years.
- I graduated cum laude from Georgetown University with a BSFS (Bachelor of Science in Foreign Service). I received a Rotary Ambassadorial Scholarship for postgraduate studies at the University of São Paulo, Brazil. In addition to my native English, I’m fluent in Spanish and Portuguese.
- My wife, my eight-year-old daughter, and I enjoy a variety of outdoor activities in the beautiful Pacific Northwest including hiking, swimming, running, and camping.